Cosmetology or Cosmetology Instructor Examination and License Application
$92.00 – $185.00
Please make sure that you meet at least one of these requirements BEFORE applying for this license.
- Have you completed an approved cosmetology training program in a Virginia licensed school or a Virginia public school program approved by the Virginia Department of Education?
- Have you completed 1500 hours of cosmetology training substantially equivalent to the Virginia program that was obtained outside the Commonwealth of Virginia, but within the United States and its territories?
- Have you completed a substantially equivalent course (consisting of less than 1500 hours of training) and have six months of cosmetology work experience? Both training and experience must be obtained outside the Commonwealth of Virginia, but within the United States and its territories.
- Have you completed a Virginia apprenticeship program in cosmetology?
- Are you a Virginia licensed cosmetology or barber with two years of work experience?
- Have you completed training at a Virginia state institution (Correctional Facility)?
- Do you have two years of experience in the United States armed forces?
- Do you have a current VA License and applying to take the Instructor examination?
- Were you previously licensed in Virginia by examination and past the reinstatement period?
- Are you an Endorsement applicant required to complete a Virginia examination?
Please select your examination type below: